since when do i run?

normally, i really hate running. like really do not like it. but something in me kicked in this summer and i decided to give it another go. i did the whole ‘go to the fancy running shoe store and let them talk me into fancy shoes that cost more than a couple tanks of gas.’ and then i went for it. i run as often as a can. (i should probably throw out there that ‘running’ means more run a little walk more) but nonetheless i’m doing it! yay! and it’s growing on me. this is so strange, but one reason i started running was that i want to be around and healthy for my grandchildren. ‘jessie, you don’t even have a boyfriend so slow down.’ I KNOW! but for whatever reason that’s been like 80% of my motivation. you do the math, you can figure out what the other 20% is. 

tonight while i was ‘running’ i looked up and was reminded how big and fabulous and glorious my God is.

‘therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. and let us run with perseverancethe race marked out for us.’ [hebrews 12:1] cloud and running-cool. Image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s